Critical Defense® Ammunition
Designed for short-range defensive situations, a new breed of FTX® bullets are at the forefront of the Critical Defense® Rifle ammunition line. The bullet’s patented Flex Tip® not only helps keep the nose cavity free from clogging as it passes through heavy clothing but also helps the bullet expand at low velocities.
- Ftx Bullet Technology: The unique design of the Critical Defense® FTX® bullet offers quick expansion and limited penetration from self-defense rifles.
- Defense-Centered Design: Silver nickel-plated cases feed smoothly and are more visible for chamber checks in low-light situations. Additives blended with propellants reduce flash to maintain night vision.
- Dependable: Details such as nickel-plated cases that resist corrosion and optimized propellants that burn quickly to reduce recoil and limit muzzle flash, help ensure that Critical Defense® ammo is dependable in every situation.
- Caliber: 223 Remington
- Bullet: 55 gr FTX
- Product Line: Critical Defense
- Sectional Density: .157
- Ballistic Coefficient: .175 (G1)
- Application: Personal Defense
- Box Count: 20
- Muzzle Velocity (FPS): 3240
- 100 Yards Velocity (FPS): 2690
- 200 Yards Velocity (FPS): 2201
- 300 Yards Velocity (FPS): 1768
- Muzzle Energy (FT/LB): 1282
- 100 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 883
- 200 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 592
- 300 Yards Energy (FT/LB): 382
- Muzzle Trajectory (INCHES): -1.5
- 100 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): 0
- 200 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): -3.4
- 300 Yards Trajectory (INCHES): -14.1